Friday 28 May 2010

The last few days

Plan X never got off the ground when I found out it would involve 190Euros just in train fares. Believe it or not, I'm back to Plan C .... but its actually Plan C ++
From Gundelsheim, I took another couple of days to complete the descent of the Neckar past Heidelberg and down to Mannheim, where it joins the Rhine. My cunning plan is to go down the Rhine again ... but this time on the German side, instead of the French. So far it is turning out to be a GOOD plan. Today has been one of the best yet. The countryside leaving Mannheim is stunning, the weather has been gorgeous and there are plenty of campsites to choose from towards the end of the day. Tonight I'm heading for Philipsburg.
The other good thing about today is that I passed the 2000km mark at a little place called Altrip, just North of Speyer ... which is where this blog is coming from.

No comments:

Post a Comment